As well as undertaking research, I taught European history c.1500 to the present day for several years at one of Europe’s most prestigious research institutions, the University of Edinburgh. I have extensive experience of presenting historical events and contexts, as well as my own research, in clear, accessible and engaging ways in both written and spoken form for a variety of audiences. I have a large network of contacts made up of specialists in a number of fields and being based in London means I have easy access to the city’s rich library and archival resources.
Qualifications and experience summary:
- MA (Hons), MSc by Research, Ph.D. (History)
- 8 years of archival and historiographical research
- 4 years of teaching European History at the University of Edinburgh, for which I was nominated for an Edinburgh University Students’ Association Teaching Award
- Delivering history presentations and papers to a variety of specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Historical blog and website writing
- Contributing as a ‘talking head’ on historical topics
- Proofreading for academic journal article submissions, and academic and non academic website copy and book drafts
- Native French/English bilingualism
© Ariane Galy and History Box, 2017.